Get Legal Forms - GetLawForms.com
Free Corporate Legal Forms page - Agreement with Accountant
AGREEMENT WITH ACCOUNTANT
This agreement dated __________(1)___________, is made By and Between
___________(2)______________, whose address is ____________(3)______________,
referred to as "Client", AND ____________(4)_________, whose address is ________(5)
referred to as "Accountant."
1. Parties to This Agreement. The Client, in order to properly conduct its business,
employs the Accountant. The Accountant is duly licensed by the laws of this state and engaged
in the business of providing independent accounting services and assistance to clients.
2. Services to be Provided. During the length of this contract, the Accountant shall serve
the Client and perform any and all services in accounting and tax matters as the Client requires in
connection with the Client's business including the preparation of accounting statements, tax
reports and returns. The Accountant will also provide supervisory and advisory services to the
Client when requested.
3. Payments to Accountant. The Client agrees to pay the Accountant for services at the
following rates: (Discuss rate of compensation)
4. When Payments Are Due. The Accountant shall bill the Client on a regular basis for
services rendered which bills will be due and payable upon receipt.
5. Term of Agreement. This agreement shall become effective ___________(6)
__________ and shall continue in effect until ____________(7)______________ or until
terminated in accordance with this agreement.
6. Termination of this Agreement. This agreement may be terminated by either party on
fifteen (15) days notice to the other party. All such notices shall be by certified mail or delivered
7. Entire Agreement. This contract expresses the entire agreement between the Client
and the Accountant regarding this matter. This agreement can only be modified with another
written agreement signed by both the Client and the Accountant. This agreement shall be binding
upon both the Client and the Accountant and their respective heirs, legal representatives and
successors in interest.
8. Legal Fees. If either party brings a law suit in order to enforce or interpret the
provisions of this agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorney's fees in
addition to any other relief to which that party may be entitled.
9. Governing Law. This agreement shall be interpreted according to the laws of the State
10. Independent Contractors. Both the Accountant and the Client agree that the
relationship created by this agreement is that of independent contractor and not that of employee
and employer. The Accountant is responsible for the payment of any taxes, including without
limitation, all Federal, State and local personal and business income taxes, sales and use taxes,
other business taxes and license fees arising out of the activities of the Accountant.
11. Signatures. Both the Client and the Accountant have read and agreed to this
Witnessed or Attested by:
The information in this document is designed to provide an outline that you can follow
when formulating business or personal plans. Due to the variances of many local, city, county
and state laws, we recommend that you seek professional legal counseling before entering into
any contract or agreement.